Fashion Outfits

OOTD // Sports Luxe x Smart Cash in Inle Lake

inle003

First of all, HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!! It’s a great shame that I’m not home to share this all important occasion on the Lunar calender with my family so this one is for them, but what I’m able to share with all of you guys is this new outfit post… which is just as good… Yes/Yes? Anyway, after my wonderful stay in Northern Thailand, I decamped to Myanmar, or “Burma” as some of you may know it as.

inle003

This shoot took place at an old style merchant shop front, a location I selected for personal reasons. It spoke to me in a nostagic kind of way as I grew up in another(!!) British colony where reminiscence of the colonial times like this was easily evident pretty much everywhere, so I felt at home in this completely alien place.

Myanmar probably had the warmest and most humid climate of all the places I’ve visited this trip… so it was all suntan lotion and cream for me. Here, I aimed to create a summery attire that matched the glistening sweat on my forehead by pairing a smart Topman shirt in breezy baby blue with some casual shorts from H&M.

inle002

inle001

Shirt: Topman | Shorts: H&M | Trainers: Nike, from ASOS

PLEASE EXCUSE THE BAD TANLINES!! What you cannot see (hopefully!) here is me battling against severe sunburn on my face… parts of which were literally melting off. No jokes. Despite having grown up in the tropics, long term residency in the West has obviously turned my already fair skin extremely sensitive to harsh sunlight.

I completed the look with these bad boys in Nike form that I purchased off ASOS after much debate with self over whether or not I would suit the sporty look, and guess what…

inle004

I have now decided that I shall invest in at least one pair of trainers every year because they are just so comfy to travel in, for running from desk to desk during transfers. So if loads and loads of exploring the world happens to be your (Chinese) new year resolution, find yourself a pair of these on ASOS. Not the exact ones though because I’m convinced I snatched the last pair… but they have a brilliant selection at reduced prices, you’re bound to find your perfect pair!!

Love, Oliver

Keep your eyes peeled for an exotic Burmese giveaway coming soon…

amy lyons
    February 19, 2015 at 2:09 pm

i love how youve paired these colours together! the white shorts are gorgeous xx

oliverinstead
      February 21, 2015 at 10:49 am

Thanks! I love the colour white in general… it’s just something in the purity. ❤

Nisha Patel (@nishKpatel)
    February 19, 2015 at 2:56 pm

This combo is great Oliver, you definitely suit the trainers. I love how carefully you always select shooting locations too, it really enhances your posts x

oliverinstead
      February 21, 2015 at 10:48 am

Thanks, Nisha! I’ve really fallen in love with trainers… I’m always looking out for my next pair! And thanks for noticing the work I put into my posts, the acknowledgement means so a lot!

Anna (Yay Interiors)
    February 21, 2015 at 10:43 am

I love this outfit! I need to show your blog to my boyfriend! Love it!

oliverinstead
      February 21, 2015 at 10:45 am

Awww that’s so sweet… I hope he approves of my style! Hah!

Sarah Thain (@sequinthis)
    February 21, 2015 at 1:16 pm

Happy Chinese New Year! What an amazing place to spend it, I’m desperate to get back to Thailand and explore some more. Love the new trainers too, I’m due a new pair soon too I think!

Sarah | Sequin This

oliverinstead
      February 21, 2015 at 2:27 pm

I didn’t actually spend CNY in Myanmar as the photos were taken about a week before… however, I did travel from Penang to Kuala Lumpur on New Years Day, which was pretty fab too. You should definitely try to go back to Thailand soon!! I’m already planning my trip to Chiang Rai and Chiang Mai for next year… just cannot get enough of South East Asia. :)

Oliver xx

Katie
    February 21, 2015 at 3:59 pm

Happy Chinese New Year, Oliver! The weather looks incredible there x

The Quick Red Fox- Manchester, UK Fashion and Lifestyle Blog

oliverinstead
      February 22, 2015 at 12:40 am

It was hot… a bit TOO hot. lol I shouldn’t complain though, I’m coming back to the UK in a few days. :/

Rebecca
    February 26, 2015 at 9:22 pm

great outfit, I love the shirt and the location, the neutral blue and grey colours work really well with the outfit x

Holly O'Boyle
    March 1, 2015 at 8:43 pm

Great location choice!! Looks very ‘high fashion’. I have always had that issue with trainers too.. think you’ve inspired me to be brave and give it a go! xx