Fashion Outfits

White leather trainers

whitenike004
Words: @oliverinstead • Photos: David • Location: Wai-O-Tapu, Rotorua, NZ

Choosing substance doesn’t have to mean comprising on style. I can’t stress enough how essential a good pair of trainers are for travelling, especially when you are to do weeks of walking. Ever since I began doing my annual trip back to the East, I’ve been gaining more and more of an appreciation, more and more of a love for comfy footwear. And never have I ever been a bigger fan of trainers.

选择舒适性不代表你必须失去时尚感。自从我开始环游亚洲,我领悟到了一双合适兼舒服的鞋子对旅游与其爱好者有多么的重要。直到现在,我已变成了一个非常热爱运动鞋的达人。

whitenike001grey009Recently, I learned that a stylish pair of trainers are not only good for your feet and general well-being but they can also elevate your outfit to a new level of casual chic. With this lesson comes a few tips that I’ve picked up on choosing the right trainers for your future trips as well as your wardrobe.

近期我从买鞋的经历中学到了一双时髦的运动鞋不仅能够保护你的双脚,还可以把你的造型提升到一个超现代的感觉。从中我也收集到了好几个在买运动鞋时必须注意到的标准,以便我们今后买的鞋对旅游和衣着打扮都能够带来多大的好处。

grey008

whitenike0031. Colour. Needless to say, it’s the first thing you see. Personally, I tend to favour minimalistic designs so I would always opt for a plainer pair over the crazies. I mean double rainbow may be a rare, wonderful sight but no one wants to see it worn on feet… 第一, 色系。不必我多说,颜色是你第一眼先看到的特征。我个人比较喜欢简单的设计,如果你的风格也是比较简约的话就该像我一样选择单色。简单的鞋不但只是摩登,也比较好搭造型。

2. (Vegans look away!) Leather. It just looks classier. This may sound like it’d break the bank but to my knowledge, leather trainers aren’t that much more expensive than your regular counterparts. You can pretty much get them for around the same price in the sale. So unless it’s against your code of ethics, always go leather, otherwise faux leather is just as easily accessible. 第二,(素食主义者请回避!)皮革。皮革一眼看起来就是比较优雅,较少普遍运动鞋的感觉。

whitenike005grey0103. Simplicity. The current market is flooded with colourful, ‘creative’ trainers and it’s easy to get overwhelmed by all the options. If you’re a beginner at this, then I’d suggest bagging yourself the essential such as the black, navy or in this case, white, before tapping into the more exciting designs. Same applies to everything else in your wardrobe really: get the basics down, then build upon that. 第三,简单。目前市场上的球鞋设计都很浮夸,对经验较少的球鞋新手来说可算是一种难度。因为太多选择容易使人失去方向,不懂从哪下手。我的建议是打好你的球鞋颜色基础,先买素色:黑,海军蓝或者白色。当你有了这些经典的颜色后再打算购买比较抢眼或多色的设计。一样的,你的衣橱也应该是用这招数来打造,先基础,后疯狂。

whitenike005So these are the things I look for in a pair of good, durable trainers. What about you? What are your criteria and definitions of a perfect pair of trainers? Comment below! 这些是我在买运动鞋时一定会留意的三项需求。你喜欢穿运动鞋吗?那你买鞋时的条件又是什么呢?记得留言给我知道哦!

Top, trousers & belt: Topman • Shoes: Nike • Cuff: Gifted

Aditi Parashar
    March 20, 2016 at 4:54 pm

Great Style!
    Keep it up. xx
    erubescentecstasy.com

Sarah | Sequin This
    March 20, 2016 at 5:08 pm

Obviously looks are important, but I always value a comfy pair of trainers much more! My most expensive pair are so uncomfortable that it means I can’t wear them for more than a few hours, which is really sad. Definitely need to invest in some white trainers next.

March 20, 2016 at 5:11 pm

Good point, Sarah! It kind of goes without saying (for me) that the shoes have to be comfortable! Yes, get yourself a pair of white trainers. They’re so versatile I can literally wear them with anything and it’ll look cool. :)

Cristiana A.
    March 20, 2016 at 9:03 pm

Awesome pics and outfit! Keep it up☺️

John Howe
    March 21, 2016 at 12:59 am

Fantastic entry Oliver, liked reading it.

March 21, 2016 at 1:00 am

Thanks John! Glad you enjoyed the post!

John Howe
        March 21, 2016 at 1:02 am

You have a real talent Oliver, your writing is light and easy to read and pertinent to a young market. Post every week on the same day each week.

Good luck.

March 21, 2016 at 1:04 am

Aww that’s really nice to hear! Yeah, I’m trying to get a new post up every Sunday so be sure to check back weekly!

MissPond
    March 21, 2016 at 8:44 am

Oh my, I’d ruin those within hours, maybe even minutes 😉 I’m still all about brightly coloured Chuck’s, I’m not sure I’ve shed that teenage part of me yet.

March 21, 2016 at 9:39 am

One good thing about these is that you can just very easily wipe any dirt off with some trainer wipe, which are super cheap to buy (I bought two huge bags for about a fiver on eBay) and can be used on all leather products! 😉

Blog Andra Dorolti
    March 21, 2016 at 9:11 am

I’m with you on this one – I like white trainers, they look so cool!
    And I have to say you’re right with choosing a pair of leather ones because (I find it) they’re much easier to maintain white over time. I still have trainers 5 years old that I can still rock 😀
    I love the photos too, the overall concept – it’s perfect for my Monday morning read!

March 21, 2016 at 9:41 am

Exactly! They’re actually so easy to clean! I used to buy canvas/suede trainers and they got so filthy so quickly… I didn’t want to risk chucking them in the washer so I kind of just let them ‘go’… which is such a waste of money. 😣 Thanks for the comment, Andra!

Demi
    March 21, 2016 at 6:39 pm

I love a minimalistic style!

Honestly, I don’t even buy white shoes anymore because they ruin without much effort. I recently had to retire my white chuck taylor after only a few months :(

Demi

March 21, 2016 at 7:55 pm

I would never buy white Converse… they’re basically dirt-attracting machines in footwear form. Do consider a pair of leather ones though! They’re great, although I do have to be extra careful but then again, there is always cheap trainer wipes you can get on eBay.

Vlad Vaida
    March 21, 2016 at 7:40 pm

Damn Olivier, back at it with the white trainers. Ok sorry that’s old.

Personally I don’t buy a lot of trainers because I feel like I won’t take care of them as much as I should. However, I have a few pairs but they have like strong bright colors which I always enjoy except one which are completely black! I don’t own leather trainers but I guess you are right as I heard they are pretty durable! However, I like minimalistic outfits so I mostly wear my black shoes which go along great!:)

March 21, 2016 at 7:49 pm

I don’t have that many trainers either but I’m definitely building up a collection! I do enjoy a good bright coloured pair of trainers but for me, I wanted to start with the basics and ease myself into the more vibrant ones… so watch this space! 😀

mehdi
    March 21, 2016 at 10:44 pm

perfect look

Harriet from Toby & Roo
    March 22, 2016 at 11:10 am

This is so true – I love a pair of clean white trainers for a man, it really completes a look :)

March 22, 2016 at 12:11 pm

Doesn’t it just! I feel that men tend to overlook their shoes a lot, which for me is like a crime… lol

ZenitaJemella
    March 22, 2016 at 2:16 pm

I love this post. White trainers are a must in summer, they’re just hell to clean :( you look so suave x

Ickle Pickle
    March 22, 2016 at 8:27 pm

I don’t wear trainers – my teen son and daughter do. They prefer plain ones too. Love your photos. Kaz :)

nafisah atcha
    March 22, 2016 at 9:06 pm

Great shots as always Oliver! perfect trainers for Spring !

Heather Lisa Noire
    March 24, 2016 at 1:30 am

I love how versatile trainers can be here. Especially with the crisp white look it gives off a fresh and stylish appearance. Your blog is very cool and your fashion sense is very much your own. :) http://www.bauchlefashion.com

March 24, 2016 at 10:32 am

Thanks for the comment, Heather! Trainers are fab and so much more than just sportswear. Oh, I’m glad you like my blog! It means so much to me to hear that!

Rhian Westbury
    March 24, 2016 at 10:59 pm

I can’t really do white trainers very well because they get well to dirty for my liking x

Elizabeth
    March 25, 2016 at 6:55 am

Great photos! I’m not a fan of white trainers usually, but you totally rock this look. :)

Someone's Mum
    March 28, 2016 at 7:10 pm

Effortless style! I actually rarely wear trainers (as a teacher I’m on my feet a lot but can’t wear them so tend to go for nice flat formal shoes with cushioned soles like Clarks) but my husband will tell you the only pair of trainers he will ever wear are classic Adidas Superstars :)

March 29, 2016 at 6:43 pm

I have never owned a pair of Adidas but I’ve always been very tempted when I shop for shoes… maybe next time, so watch this space for a potential Adidas feature!

Sarah @theparentingtrials
    March 29, 2016 at 9:46 am

You can never beat a decent pair of trainers :) very stylish x