Travel Tuesday

London in a day

DSC_0324
Words: @oliverinstead โ€ข Photos: Joyce & I

This past weekend, I took off to London with Joyce from Artsynibs for the day to take some pictures and meet up with our dear friend, Thuy who blogs on A Bridge of Memories for an afternoon of wander and banters… so this will just be a quick, midweek travel talk and photo dumping because reasons.

Holland park3

Since there is only so much you can admire of the London Eye, Big Ben, Tower Bridge and the likes, we decided to forego the popular sights and brunch in Notting Hill instead – not because we’re both gluttons, but after all, we didn’t come here to play tourists. #anythingforanexcuse

DSC_0252Holland park2As soon as we arrived at Euston, we got on the tube and headed straight for Holland Park, where we took all of these photos. In between photoshoot sessions, we managed to get a seat at the bar in the famed Granger & Co. for brunch but not before queuing for what seemed like hours… guess what tho? The mocha and courgette fritters were so worth the wait.

Holland parkAs I anticipated, Chelsea is an absolute dream for Instagrammers and people who enjoy taking a good pic. My last few trips to London (Collections: Men, to be precise) have been so full on and hectic I feel like you could never pay a leisurely visit to London / everything moves in such a pace that you can hardly find time to catch a breath, so this was a nice change of tone to how I see the city.

Even though I’ve been to London a couple dozens of times on various occasions, this part of town is something new that I’m glad I got to experience and it makes me realise how many cool spots there are here that I have yet to explore… “Where next?” I wondered.

Have you ever been to Chelsea? Where is your fav (secret) spot in London? Let me know in the comments below!

Oliver โค

asma
    August 16, 2016 at 7:49 am

pictures are lush Oliver :) Love walking round Chelsea, such a beautiful area

August 16, 2016 at 8:21 am

Thanks Asma! I need to explore more of London… I tend to stay quite central.

Elsa Eats
    August 16, 2016 at 8:48 am

I tend to stay quite central in London too tbh; if I wanted nicer architecture I’d visit an entirely different city. Also, you never need an excuse for good food!

August 17, 2016 at 8:52 pm

Haha of course you’d say that being the foodie you are! But you’re right, I wouldn’t necessarily go to London for “nice” architecture but they do have some beautiful spots for pics.

jess
    August 16, 2016 at 2:21 pm

Its so lovely and white isnt it? so different from the rest of london :)

Abi
    August 17, 2016 at 4:32 pm

I should take a trip to Chelsea being that it’s not too far from me on the Underground. Looks like a lovely visit you had, beautiful photos x

August 17, 2016 at 8:50 pm

Omg if I live a Tube ride away from Chelsea, I’d be there everyday!! ๐Ÿ˜‚

Liz Mays
    August 22, 2016 at 9:56 pm

This seems like such a cool part of town for taking photos. It’s great that you were able to relax at Granger and Co.!

Jollies and Jaunts
    August 24, 2016 at 9:53 pm

I’ve never visited Chelsea and often find myself in the “grittier” parts of the city (stayed in Camden last time) and I guess that’s the main thing with visiting London – there’s so much to explore!

MissPond
    August 25, 2016 at 9:10 am

Wonderful pictures as usual Oliver! Sounds like a lovely reunion :)

Joanne Mallon
    August 30, 2016 at 7:23 pm

I don’t really know Chelsea but I’m impressed that you’ve managed to get some pics of a deserted London street – normally everywhere you go is heaving with people no matter what the time of night or day. Last time I was in London I was impressed with the regeneration of Tottenham Court Road (of all places!). It’s far nicer than it used to be, and they’ve got a particularly good Waterstones.

Claire Monaghan
    August 31, 2016 at 7:19 pm

Nice post! I’ve only visited London once (I’m from Scotland) and I was so rushed I barely had time to take a breath. I’d love to take a more leisurely visit sometime. Have you ever visited Scotland by any chance? It’s an instagrammers dream up here!

Claire

September 4, 2016 at 6:57 pm

That’s very me when I visit London. Re: Scotland, I have indeed! But that was way before I started blogging so yeah, I need to make a trip up there soon!

Vivian
    October 27, 2016 at 9:38 am

I’ve STILL not been to Chelsea, looks like I’ll need to find an excuse to get there eventually just for the perfect Insta pic ;] Lol

October 31, 2016 at 10:13 am

OMG take me in your suitcase next time you go…