Chit-chats Outfits

Let’s talk about: Love

love hoodie 002
Words: @oliverinstead • Photo: David

Amidst all the division and hatred that’s been going on in the real world – I emphasise on the ‘real’ world because it’s no longer something you see through a telly screen the second it happens in the very city you wake up every morning, go to work, return at night and lay your head to sleep – I just want to spread some positivity and talk only of ‘love‘.

Notes : the traditional Chinese character stands for ‘love‘.

So it’s been two months since I last blogged, and I have a lot to update. Firstly, I started a new job, and am loving it so far. I now get paid to blog for local and international clients in my professional life and I get to wear whatever I want to work… #nodresscode what’s not to love, eh?

love hoodie 001I landed my new job in no small part because of my blog so yes, I’m loving the opportunities blogging’s been giving me. Apart from that, I also get to attend awesome events, meet beautiful people and feature some fabulous brands/products (including these Adidas, gifted by Jenn from Tessuti) through blogging – and I love all of these experiences.

I also love that I’m in a very fortunate position to be able to plan some amazing travels for the latter half of 2017 – including four countries I’ve never been before, which I’m very much looking forward to. #staytuned

I could go and go about all the things I love but truthfully, I love nothing more than the people in my life who love me as much as I love chocolate. True, I could probably speak to my family more often, but whenever I get the chance I always make sure they know I miss them dearly, which I do.

When was the last time you slowed down and took a moment to appreciate all the things you love? And when you do, what’s the one thing you love most about your life?

Jacket : American Apparel • Hoodie : ASOS • Skinnies : New Look • Trainers : Adidas*

Chyaz
    June 12, 2017 at 9:27 am

This is such an important thing to remember – slowing down and taking a moment is vital. I absolutely love your style, by the way!

June 12, 2017 at 5:33 pm

Thanks Chyaz! I love the pics on your blog too… Feel free to have a look around and I’ll start posting more regularly from now on so don’t forget to come back!

Amy
    June 12, 2017 at 9:35 am

Everyone should stop and slow it down! Good read! And welcome back after 2 months!! 🖤

Katie
    June 12, 2017 at 10:40 am

What a lovely post & congratulations on your new job! Blogging really does provide some amazing opportunities, it’s definitely something I love a lot :)

Katie xo

June 12, 2017 at 5:31 pm

Thanks, Katie! I got my first ‘proper’ job because of my blog as well so it’s def given me some fantastic opportunities!

John
    June 12, 2017 at 2:31 pm

In the words of the Beatles song “love is all You Need.”
    I just wonder if friends and family (and even strangers) say ‘I love you’ often enough, following on from that ‘respect’ for others is equally important. And since I have returned to Wales I am pleasantly surprised that respect for others is not gone and is better than I remember 15 years ago.

Love and respect,
    J

June 12, 2017 at 5:29 pm

Welcome back to Cymru! Wales has such a special place in my heart… I’ll always love going back there. And yes, respect is equally as important as love, I agree 100%!!

Emma Louise Ryan
    June 12, 2017 at 8:35 pm

Congratulations on the new job! As everyone else has said, blogging seriously does bring so many great opportunities, and open so many doors :)

I got my job mainly because of my blog too!

Here’s to the future…

Em x

June 12, 2017 at 8:55 pm

Hey Emma! Thanks for commenting!

Yes, starting a blog is definitely one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. I’m now able to do what I love for a living because of that and I’m immensely grateful ❤️ Good to know the same has happened for others too!